Saturday, October 31, 2009

The TRICK is to not eat the TREAT

How'd it go?

I'm having a proud lil moment. I did not succomb. It's 10 o' clock on all Hallow's Eve and I have not eaten the evil sugarstuff once. Did I give the poor defenseless children this highly addictive drug? I'm afraid so.

I thought about doing the ol' apple chips thing or the granola bar or god forbid the lecture on my porch. I did not. Partially because it would be mighty costly and partially because I don't want my house to get egged.

But honestly?

I wanted to be the cool chic on the block who gave out the good stuff. (chocolate) So while I"m up here evangelizing away I'm a big ol sucker workin' for the man peddling the crack to the little people who will likely make themselves shake by eating too much of the stuff out of the plastic pumpkin. Or that's what I did anyway.

Next year I'll think of something. I have to. Since it will be my first time hitting the sidewalks with my little one, I"ll have to figure out how to wrestle this crap out of his little hands. How weird, a holiday where we invite our children to beg sugar from other people by dressing up to the point of being unrecognizable. It's dastardly. And awesome. Sigh.

Anyway!

So I'm one week in of getting off the crack (sugar! I mean sugar!) and I'm feeling preettty darn good. How are y'all doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment