Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fat Rats

I am so excited right now. Please follow this link for the full article, but here's the premise:

A Princeton University research team has demonstrated that all sweeteners are not equal when it comes to weight gain: Rats with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was the same....  


..."When rats are drinking high-fructose corn syrup at levels well below those in soda pop, they're becoming obese -- every single one, across the board. Even when rats are fed a high-fat diet, you don't see this; they don't all gain extra weight."


Way to go Princeton,  y'all totally rule!

Now can we get these completely obvious liars and fakes to take their spots off the air? You know the ones.. They're all "What? High fructose corn syrup is FIIINEEE we've got really, really pretty people who are not obese and probably avoid it like the plague to stay that way and some lovely guitar music and nice graphics to prove it"




FU HFCS! FU Corn Refiners Assoc. FU Lying people who make that evil goop and are making us all sick! FU gawd damn bastards! Oh, it makes me angry. How is that okay even for a second to be such blatent lying diesease spreaders?

I guess I'm in my anger phase of the grief. Day 9 no sugar and while I'm still in mourning, I'm feeling oh so much better. SO MUCH BETTER! (even though I still yell alot)

Oh, for the record, I NEVER eat HFCS, even when I'm on the crack. I mean that is crackity, crack crack that makes my body literally shake if I have some. Ew.

But if you're interested in more about these spots and the responses, this chesseslave blog has a fun array of information as well as spoof's of the spots. Godblessher.

No comments:

Post a Comment